There are plenty of delicious places to eat here in St.George. However- if you are a vegan like me, you might have a difficult time navigating. ESpecially if you are looking for specialty vegan food, like Mexican, Asian, Indian, etc..
It’s certainly not convenient to find Mexican vegan food here- but it is possible. I’ve had to learn quickly!
I am a complete and total foodie. So in addition to experimenting and making my own delicious vegan Mexican food at home, I love to go out and find vegan dishes at restaurants as well.
If you are a fellow vegan traveling from out of town, here is my How-To guide to finding Vegan Mexican Food in St.George during your trip!
Mexican Restaurants That Offer Vegan Options In St. George
Are you looking to eat out at any point during your trip to Southern Utah, but you don’t want the popular chain Mexican food restaurants like Chili’s, Chipotle, Costa Vida, or Cafe Rio?
Let me share with you, my favorite, local, Mexican vegan restaurant favorites that will most definitely be your friend during your stay with us.
Not only do these places offer delicious vegan options, but I also believe strongly in great service, which you will find at these places as well.
I worked here for a brief period of time, back in my restaurant past, and I personally made sure certain dishes were vegan or could be made vegan.
So should you be in need of some delicious authentic Mexican food, that’s still vegan- this will be your go-to place. This is also your go-to place if you are specifically craving a vegan burrito and great guacamole.
Pair your meal with a House Margarita- you won’t regret it!
- Chips and salsa (they’re amazing here!)
- Guacamole (ask for no fresco cheese)
- Nachos (minus the sour cream and cheese, and opt for grilled veggies instead of meat!)
- Veggie Fajitas (ask for no cheese or sour cream)
- Veggie Burrito (this one already comes vegan and it’s my personal favorite)
- Black Bean Soup (ask for no sour cream or cheese on top)
- Rice and Beans (ask for no cheese on top of the beans)
I would certainly say Cafe Sabor is one of my favorite places to eat here in town. It’s worth checking out- especially if you’re one, like me, who adores Mexican food, but hasn’t had much good Mexican food as a vegan. Give it a shot!
Ah, brand new to St.George and already thriving is the Wee-man’s restaurant Chronic Tacos. Yes Jackass’s favorite!
This is a great place to go if you are looking for some delicious vegan tacos!
You have the option of creating your own 2 Tacos, with whatever you want inside- rice and beans only, or Impossible burger crumbles, or just fajita veggies. Shoot, you can even have them all.
I personally was not a ginormous fan of the way they cooked the Impossible burger crumbles- something about the seasoning for me. But hey, I would eat it again.
You also have the option of making a vegan burrito or salad as well. They do offer potato tacos, but don’t be fooled- the potato mixture is pre-made with cheese. Sadly, I found this out the hard way.
Find yourself craving a salad or a rice bowl? Viva Chicken is the place to be. This beautiful rustic restaurant has bountiful options for us vegans. Oh, and they have AMAZING french fries.
I know what you’re thinking, “Fries at a Mexican restaurant?” but trust me when I say– best fries in town, by far.
- Any salad at Viva Chicken can be made vegan. Just ask for no chicken or cheese, and opt for the Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Tacu Bowl (comes vegan already. Top it off with Huacatay Sauce, its the only one of their sauces that’s vegan, but it’s also the BEST of the sauces!)
- Arroz Chaufa (my personal favorite, just ask for no egg. Top this with Huacatay Sauce)
- Quinoa Stuffed Avocado (this one comes vegan already!)
Wraps and Sides:
- Inca Wrap (comes vegan, top it with some Huacatay Sauce)
- Naked Peruvian Wrap (ask for no cheese or mayo- this one is my favorite wrap!)
- Cilantro Rice or Quinoa
- French Fries or Sweet Potatoe Fries
- Fresh Fruit
- Fried Plantains
- Fried Yuca (yumm)
- Green Beans
Craving some real, authentic Mexican vegan food? Don Pedro’s is a must-eat!
Unbelievably delicious vegan Mexican enchilada option over there!
Ask for the veggie enchiladas with no cheese. These babies are packed with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, and garlic, surrounded by salsa, rice, and beans. Mmmm.
Another great authentic Mexican food restaurant that has vegan mexican food in St.George is Ernestos! AND they participate in Door Dash, so hellooooo.
Appetizers and Salads:
- Salsa and Guacamole (yummm)
- Most salads at Ernesto’s can be made vegan. Just ask for no chicken or cheese (or whatever else it might be), and opt for the Italian Vinaigrette.
Entrees and Sides:
- Veggie Burrito (no cheese)
- Upon request, Ernestos can also make you a veggie enchilada or taco- with fajita veggies and no cheese.
- Spinach & Mushroom Chimichangas (just ask for no cheese!)
- Rice and beans of course!
Best Grocery Stores To Shop Vegan In St. George
Perhaps you’re staying in town for an extended period, and therefore don’t plan on eating out the whole time. Maybe you’re one, like me, who loves to indulge in delicious cooking with the local produce.
Well, that may present another challenge for those out-of-towners who may not be too familiar with our not-so-vegan-friendly city of St.George.
Of course, we have the popular grocery stores such as Walmart and Smiths, which have little to offer us, vegans. (Side note- Smith’s has been bringing in a lot of vegan options as of late, which is awesome!).
But unfortunately, we’re too small to offer an awesome Whole Foods or Sprouts here.
Let me share with you my favorite local grocery stores to shop at for the best produce and vegan options available here in our small town.
My vegan grocery store guide- just click the links and google will show you the rest:
I hope my little vegan guide helps you navigate your way to our most tasty vegan options in town! Feel free to leave comments with any questions you might have, or any other blogs you would like to see from me!
Until next time,